Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meatloaf

trout1
trout1 Posts: 104
edited August 2012 in Beef
I cooked my first meatloaf yesterday on a lbge.  I put plastic wrap in a glass loaf pan and then put the meatloaf in it.  I then shaped it and put it in the refrigerator for 45min to 1 hour.  I had the egg with the indirect pieces preheated.  I fliped it out of the loaf pan onto a cast iron grid with the flat side up.  I cooked it for about an hour at 360 degrees indirect.  The internal temperature was approximately 157 to 161 degrees (thermapen) in different places.  The meat on the bottom that protruded in the spaces on the grid still looked a little light red.  By the way,  I didn't notice it until I had already eaten some.  The inside looked good.  Was it not done?  Should I have cooked it longer?  Also the onions and bell peppers in it was not as tender as the are when I have cooked it in the oven at 350.  I would appreciate your thoughts and any suggestions on this.  How do you cook your meatloafs, in or out of a pan, direct or indirect, and etc. I do want to try this again.  Thanks for any comments.

Comments