Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temperature Chart

Options
Bubblehead
Bubblehead Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was catching up on the forum today and saw this post which really caught my eye. Folks seem to agree (myself included) that the temps for when things get done were a bit off, but what about the temps quoted for low medium and hot grilling. A lot of the recipes I see for grilling these days all use the hand over the fire test for how hot the fire should be. Now that I got a gage I want a figure! I might be more macho or a bigger wus than the folks writing the recipe so I leave it to you folks what temps for low medium or hot? [p]Ahwhoogah!
and thanks

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    bubblehead,
    Low and slo 225-250*. High temp grilling 550*-750*. That should get you where you want to go. You can fine tune from there to suit your needs and desires.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    bubblehead, I remember seeing the post and the C~W's response. The link is to a chart (the one that I usualy look at) published by the USDA - if you lose the address I have it in the links section of my web site. I think the original link was posted by Telesmanis (sp?).[p]After the page loads, the chart appears at the bottom of the page. [p]

[ul][li]Cooking times and temperatures....[/ul]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    JJ, I should have read the post better - I totally agree with your response - I seldom do more that 800 degrees anymore and only go less than the 210-225 mark for beef jerky.[p]