Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest Winston Salem was a hit!

Options
nozob1
nozob1 Posts: 43
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Our first Eggfest!  Was a lot of fun!  Looking forward to more.  

Met very nice people!  Learned a little more about cooking.

Raleighboy had the best pork loin I ever had!  Stuffed with spinach, garlic and cream cheese..wrapped in bacon!  Oh wow! Mr Toad was there..a pleasure to meet him.  Another great cook!  ALL of the food there was out of this world!  I enjoyed the real smoke flavor. Was hoping that Naked Wiz was going to go..but I think it was his or his wife's birthday.

We were wondering if maybe Feurgeson or another place who sells BGE in Raleigh would host an Eggfest
Although, I was under the impression that the cooks got in free or had contributions for the food they brought at least.

Comments

• brycos
    brycos Posts: 137
    Options
    I just got back.  Had a great time.  My son liked the stuffed mushooms the best (choizo, cream cheese w/ alittle shredded cheddar I think in baby bellla's - indirect @ 375).  I liked the brisket best. Soue Vide @155 for 2 days then smoked w/ mesquite / hickory for 2 hrs - OMG!
  • nozob1
    Options
    There was so much we did not get to sample.  Who won the cart?
  • brycos
    Options
    I lest before the drawing
  • nozob1
    Options
    we left abt 1:30.  No calls..so I know it was not me!  LOL
  • brycos
    Options
    a few guys from Ga. came to eat and ended up cooking some chicken thighs.  Cool guys and good cooks - I think he said he does some catering.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I went with the wife and kids. Had a few good things. Was hoping for a better turn out. Maybe next year.

@Mike8it gave me his tickets so that was pretty awesome. Soue Vide makes sense on the brisket. Was wondering about that.

@Raleighboy (I assume from above) made a killer pork loin. I didn't get to try it but it looked and smelled amazing.

My kids loved the roasted corn and we were all pleasantly surprised by the Papa Murphy pizza. Not a bad option in a pinch.

I will be looking forward to attending another Eggfest soon. Would love to go to Mickey's in Saledo but it's too far away.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Simply_Smokin
    Options

I would have to agree that the pork loin from Raleighboy was my favorite as well. I also enjoyed "meat on meat", cocktail wieners wrapped in bacon.

It was also my first Eggfest and I am looking forward to next year, may even plan to cook!! 

• lakebndegg
    Options
    I believe it was Raleighboy who won the cart..very deserving. I tried lots of goodies...Mr Toad's apples were the hit for me. Waiting for 1 this afternoon so I can pickup my AMC orange challenger grill cart.. Go Vols!
  • nozob1
    Options
    I think it was very deserving Raleighboy won the cart also!  And yes..Mr. Toads apples were great!
  • RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Options

Thanks for all the comments! It was a great event and I enjoyed meeting everyone. Yes, the Challenger cart has a new home on our patio. Thanks to Josh and Casual Furniture for throwing such a nice event.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC