Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back

bertscampers
bertscampers Posts: 136
edited August 2012 in Pork
How long should I cook a couple of baby back at 250 dome (seems to be the where it wants to be)?  Each rack is 2 lbs.  I don't want to foil to see how they turn out.

Thanks for the help once again.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    They will likely take around 4 hours-but use the bend test if full racks (lift on one end and if they bend around 90* they are finished).  Or use the toothpick test-insert toothpick into thickest meat and when no resistance in or out they are ready to go. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thanks, I used the 90 test and it was at around 4 hours.  The ribs were great.  This is my third attempt at ribs.  The first was sooty, the second dry and this was spot on.  Once again great advice.

Cheers
  • I'd bump it up to 350 and leave em on there for 2 hours (turbo ribs)
  • gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    I'd bump it up to 350 and leave em on there for 2 hours (turbo ribs)

+1 for the turbos.  Just as good (actually mine turned out better than any of my slow cooks) and you still can have a productive day then come home and cook a great meal.
    George
  • Next time I will try the turbo ribs.  Its great, I can try a bunch of great cooks.
  • smasch
    smasch Posts: 115
    Careful with turbos....My wife often wonders why, in times of great need, butts and ribs can be done much quicker.  I usually go to smoke and mirrors excuse.  
    Owner of LBGE, Antique Komodo Green in Color. Proud Career Firefighter. Johns Creek / South Forsyth GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    smasch said:
    Careful with turbos....My wife often wonders why, in times of great need, butts and ribs can be done much quicker.  I usually go to smoke and mirrors excuse.  

Wise man-turbo can greatly impact (negatively in my opinion) the BGE monitoring time with related adult beverage consumption time :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Yep, secrets like the turbo are not to be discussed openly. One just ... makes it happen and brings food to the table as seen fit. :))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Man I'm slow.  Say your cooking the real thing and cook turbos, lots of time for beverages and, r and r.