Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

There are limits to a Mini brisket related

Options
SkinnyV
SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I bought a CAB 6 lb whole brisket the other day and a couple chuck roasts. My original plan was to ground the chuck and cut off some of the brisket to mix in like many have posted here and maybe try a 4lb brisket on the mini, seeing that I had success with 2lbs.

Well temptation gave in and I decided to try and stuff the whole thing cutting the point from the flat. So I got it in there and closed up, but in the end the fat from the point I think was too much. There was overhang, outside the heat deflector and the fire began to flare up after 30 mins or so. So i had to pull em both and get the fire down, actually snuffed it and came back an hour later.
Now I am sitting 275 - 300 degrees, got the flat that must be close to 4lbs if not more in there and its been 2+ hours. The point has been chopped up and is sitting in the freezer with the chuck to get quick froze for a grind in the KA. At least I get to try chuck and brisket ground beef.

Did I see someone say I should try a point only on the mini? Would it come out better? It looked so good as I was chopping it up for the grind, I was picturing burnt ends etc.

This was point and Flat

Maybe Ill post result of the 4lber later, I got some time hope its done by dinner.
Seattle, WA

Comments

• SkinnyV
    Options
    I link to photobucket can anyone tell me why the pics come out so small when I post? How do guys get em clickable? Thanks
    Seattle, WA
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    that's at least an "A" for effort......lol
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • SkinnyV
    edited August 2012
    Options
    tjv said:
    that's at least an "A" for effort......lol
    This thing just inspires me....  But if I can get the 4lber to come out good then its a win for sure!
    Seattle, WA
  • SkinnyV
    Options
    Down but not out, pulled @ 197 and wrapped in cooler for 60 minutes. Result is better than the last, this had a nice fat cap so might have helped. Nice and juicy, good enough cooked mostly @ 275 and finished in about 5.5 hours of cooking total. close to a 4lb brisket when i started it.

Since the fire was hot , why not

Bento style tonight

Seattle, WA
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    when I post I always do the pics straight from my gallery dont know if thats the answer
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Nice job! I would try just a point on the Mini. As for posting from Photobucket, I copy the Direct Link, click the Image button above the discussion box, and paste the link. I do this from a PC as it behaves differently from my iPad.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA