Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite Utensils?

Options
2»

Comments

• JerkChicken
    Options
    Long tongs, BGE grid lifter, ash tool, welders gloves. In that order
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Daveh1976
    Options

Thermapen has flat out made me a better cook.   My steaks and burgers have never been better.

18" solid wood handles spatula.  Same with grill brush.  Nice 18" long tongs.  That fire is hot. 

I got a cheap pair of welding gloves.  Works great for using the thermapen or untensils of that hot fire.  The blisters on my fingers tell me they are too cheap for picking up a 400 degree plate setter.  Imight look into a better investment in gloves.  Maybe some foundry gloves.

A cheap little bottle for oil really comes in handy for the grill area.

The other thing I would get is a cast iron pan.  Been cooking potatoes in it every meal.  Did some reds with kosher salt and pepper last weekend.  They were great.  I boought a Lodge Cast iron dutch oven where the lid can be used as a skillet.  It has short handles and works great on the egg.  http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-5-Quart-Double-Casserole-Skillet/dp/B000LEXR0K/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1344914446&sr=8-6&keywords=lodge+cast+iron+dutch+ovenimage

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Really long SS tongs (BBQ tools frequently have wood on the handles, I avoid that so I can chuck in the dishwasher).   Commercial spatula.  Thermapen.  Plate Setter.  Bricks.  Extra grates.  Shop vac.  Propane torch.  Fan to keep West Nile infected skeeters off me.
    Options
    Incidentals: 
    paint brush to brush ash and lump dust
    coat hanger bent at the end to unplug (BGE) grate holes
    collander to pour lump into to sort and sift out powder
    baking pan to sort lump or sift lump
    large bucket to store the collander and baking pan
    old towels to wipe hands
    a tile (washable) to set and 'drain' hot daisy wheel on
    flashlight to look into dome while cooking
    place to store everything out of the way