Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tried Tilapia Again

SteveWPBFL
SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Always looking for low cal cooks so took another run at Tilapia, again at 350-400F dome raised direct no smoke. 

This time threw the Tilapia in a 'waffle pan' (?) that we use for small veggies on the grill. The problem with Tilapia, as with most fish, is that once cooked it breaks up easily rendering it a poor 'grill-mate'. Hence the waffle pan. Seven CostCo Tilapia filets spaced around in the waffle pan and each brushed with Italian dressing. 

Threw on some ABTs made of split Jalepenos with cream cheese, green onion, and some crab cake stuffing along with one large Portabello and some slice onion.

Everything cooked between 10-20 minutes. The fam loved it. I was able to transfer the Tilapia to a serving platter without too much breakage or flakage and may have been able to avoid any altogether had the waffle pan not been overfilled with overlaying filets.

The ABTs and grilled onion were super-enjoyed by my son and I with the mild fish. 

The wife loved the lo cal fish dish and the Portabello. 

It all went well with a couple of Coors Lights and a side green salad.

We live better than Kings did!

Comments