Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Camping Discussions

Options
BRush00
BRush00 Posts: 367
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hey all - I'm headed out camping this weekend, and should be a blast, I just wanted to pick a few brains before I left, or got too much prep going...

I'm in charge of at least a couple dinners while we're out there.  No egg coming with us, as I couldn't find a small or mini anywhere around me, I did pick up a small charcoal metal grill (see below) for use camping... so at least I'll be cooking over fire still ;)

Campsite's going to be around 8 hours away from my place, actually farther, as we'll be stopping at a few wineries along the way, and taking our time with it.  I was *thinking* about doing a small pork shoulder for 1 dinner of pulled pork.  I'm curious however - with the equipment I have at my disposal - how best to re-heat?  Is this something I should attempt, or.... skip it, and do a butt at home when we're not traveling 8+ hours?

I'm rather amused by this - couldn't find a small egg to bring with me, so I went and found this instead.... it'll be better than propane anyways... 

Any tips for cooking in one of these small metal kettle style grills?  Only charcoal experience is in my egg..
[Insert clever signature line here]

Comments