Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak Tonight

Options
AleBrewer
AleBrewer Posts: 555
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Wanting to give one of the new rubs a try, I stopped at the local market for a rib-eye. They had boneless on sale for $7.99/lb.
Poured a Pale Ale for myself while getting the egg going.  Steak is not that thick, so I will probably just cook it at 600° or so.

I normally just hit my rib-eyes with a bit of sea salt and fresh ground pepper right before grilling, but I gave the Dizzy Raising the Steaks a sample at a shop this weekend, and it's pretty darn good. I never really cared for Montreal seasoning.....and this is nothing like it! It totally blows Montreal seasoning away.

Comments

• Zaltydog
    Zaltydog Posts: 106
    Options
    Seeing that beer is making my mouth water... it looks darker then the pale ales that I am accustomed too and it looks very good.

Will you sear it at 600 degrees and then cook at a lower temp?  or just keep going with the 600?
  • AleBrewer
    Options
    @Zaltydog.....I actually just finished the cook. I cooked at about 500° for the whole cook. The steak was only about 1", so no need to sear high and finish low. It's resting now, but looks pretty good.

The Smutty pale is a bit darker than most pales, but it has a fair amount of hops to offset the malts.
  • AleBrewer
    Options
    Steak was good.....rub was very good. Not overpowering at all, I will definitely use this again on steaks.

Had some fresh lettuce from the garden with a little olive oil, balsamic, fresh grated parmesan, and salt and pepper.