Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers for 30

Options
Bluegrass_Smoke
Bluegrass_Smoke Posts: 1
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Having about 30 people over tomorrow and I'm doing burgers on my LBGE.  Any tips on keeping the burgers nice and juicy until time to eat?  I plan on the last bunch of burgers coming off about 10 minutes before we eat.

Comments

• Outlaw77
    Outlaw77 Posts: 71
    Options
    I use the chafing dishes from SAMs when I'm tailgating and cooking for a crowd that show up a different times.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If I'm tailgating like @Outlaw77 I get an aluminum foil pan and put a box of beef broth in it.  When I have thefirst couple of batches of  burgers done or slightly less than done I put them in the beef broth.

When I'm taking the last batch off to go directly to the serving plate, I pull the first burgers out of the beef broth and throw them back on the grill for like a minute or two.  If you never tried this, try it!! The burgers soak up the beef broth and are awesome. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    If I'm tailgating like @Outlaw77 I get an aluminum foil pan and put a box of beef broth in it.  When I have thefirst couple of batches of  burgers done or slightly less than done I put them in the beef broth.

When I'm taking the last batch off to go directly to the serving plate, I pull the first burgers out of the beef broth and throw them back on the grill for like a minute or two.  If you never tried this, try it!! The burgers soak up the beef broth and are awesome. 
    There's your answer right there. I've done burgers for 100 and beef broth in a chafing pan was perfect. People loved them (i thought they were overcooked after a while but they were juicy). 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    @Duganboy. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that sometime :D
  • Bluegrass_Smoke
    Options
    Thanks everyone!  That is a huge help.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    @Bluegrass_Smoke just sent you a PM.  Check your inbox

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. 
    Large, small, and a mini
  • BeecaveKitchen
    Options

When I'm taking the last batch off to go directly to the serving plate, I pull the first burgers out of the beef broth and throw them back on the grill for like a minute or two. That is the best idea!!! Can't wait to try for our next pool party
    ^:)^ ^:)^