Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stew(ed) Fix!

Options
Dr. Chicken
Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Spin, Bob, C~W, Tim M, NB, ST, JJ, K-O-C and G of G...... You've all let me down! I'm totally disillusioned! Here I had "visions of success" with all your inputs, now I'm filled with delusion! I'm turning down the offer of fixin' the elephant stew. I could handle the crowd. Get Smokin' Todd, JJ and Nature Boy there, we'd have put on a show that would have blown their socks off! Throw in King-O-Coals and the Guru of Grease, Wow! What an oppotunity! I think I could have handled an over-flow crowd! Just add the rabbits and BINGO! What a feast! The elephant stew would have been somethin' to set the world on its ear![p]But Alas, as Elizabeth and my wife pointed out, the stew would have been great, but,..........................................................who wants to find a "hare" in their stew!!!![p]Cheers folks,[p]Dr. Chicken

Comments

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, was that a joke you were trying to get us all to bite on all along? I thought you actually wanted to do the stew. After all, it aint too big of a job for Guru and me. We have been to the mountain.

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    King-o-Coals,
    I figured you and the Guru of Grease would jump at it! But, like you said, "You've been to the mountain"! Now, stagering down is gona be the problem! You both will probably need the Missus' to help you down!
    Great pictures and fantastic eats! I been looking at the posts off & on all afternoon. Some of the pic's only came thru half way though. As good a time as you two are havin', why interupt?
    Was that your buddy going out to get my load of shrimp? We may need that big a boat, when we get through! We definitly gotta have one of these "shindigs" down in your neck of the woods![p]Dr. Chicken

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Dr. Chicken,[p]Disillusioned? Absolutely not. You ventured the possibility of a cook that is quite intriguing, but beyond our experience. Welcome to the world of cooking ideas and how to accomplish the task. While you were waiting for a response we were trying to figure out how long it would take to cook a 150lb "Boston Elephant Butt", what to do with an "elephant brisket", what fruits, smoke, seasonings, rubs, and marinades would be good with the meat. After preparing 700 gallons of stew we still would have a large amount of meat that needs to be prepared and just wanted to do it justice.[p]The "hare" might have been a problem :-).[p]Spin
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Spin,[p]You didn't mention the ears...I love elephant ears!

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, GoG and I have discussed just such a shindig. Our clean-up women say they won't come. Sounds like a plan to me!

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    King-o-Coals,
    Your two wives must have St. in front of their names! Or maybe they just consider the source! Which one is it?[p]Dr. C

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Bob,[p]Elephant ear cracklin's?[p]Spin

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Spin,
    (excuse the pun) You've got my ear! Sounds interesting! Yuk! Yuk![p]Dr. C

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, yes they are St.'s. They both act like peacefull cats when they are subjected to Guru and me during our get togethers. They stay close to the baseboards and try not to attract our attention, less we will attack playfully, or request their assistance in some time consuming job like running up to the store, quick thawing frozen meat or seafood, or preparing some type of side dish. They are pretty cool clean-up women. And after Guru and I have had one of them extended grilling days, washed the coal dust from our throats with mass quantities of beer or vodka, and consumed the larger portion of whatever mammal or fish we happend across that day, and flopped into bed after a quick rinse off, they never complain about our garlic breath or snoring, unless they are before a large audience. And then the audience must be other women, because other men understand us and are envious when they hear of our short-comings.