Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Meatloaf Recipe (By Request)

newegg13
newegg13 Posts: 231
edited July 2012 in Beef
After posting some pictures of my recent cooks - including a tasty loaf of smoked meat - a few people asked for the recipe.  

Here are the ingredients:

1-1/4 lb ground chuck
1/4 lb ground pork
3 slices toasted, crumbled bread
1 medium, sweet onion
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup finely grated carrot 
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 egg 
2/3 cup milk
Salt and pepper
Worcestershire

Topping:

1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon mustard

Mix all the ingredients (minus the topping) and combine in a meatloaf pan that's lined with saran wrap.  Let the loaf set up in the fridge for a hour or two and get the egg stabilized around 260 and set up for indirect cooking on an elevated grid.  Add smoke - I used mostly hickory and one chunk of mesquite for extra flavor.  Then, use then use the saran wrap to remove the loaf from the pan and place it directly on the grid.  At 260-275, it was finished in about 3 hours and 20 minutes.  Rest, slice, and enjoy.

Please let me know if the recipe works for you or if you have any suggestions to make it better.

FYI - this recipe is not completely original and is based off of several recipes that I combined, one of which I believe was posted by @onelikearock.  
Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL

Comments