Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest discount details

MrCookingNurse
MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
edited July 2012 in EGGtoberfest
So I know some people have bought eggs at the fest. There is one coming close to me soon.

How much of a discount is there?
Do you still get the warranty when buying a demo egg?

XLBGE 

Comments

• Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186

here ya go.Yes you get a warranty.All you need to know is on this link.it still pays to shop around at other dealers.Like Ace Hardware.And at ACE dealers all have different pricing.

Signed up to cook yet?

http://www.mountainhighappliance.com/colorado-eggfest/

• MrCookingNurse
    Thanks! No I am trying to figure out if it's gonna be a man trip or wife trip!

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    edited July 2012
    I'll have to see if i can find a cost list for the Eggfest here. That's really not better then when I bought my LBGE after shopping around. 658$ no nest brand new.

XLBGE 
  • tceaz
    tceaz Posts: 1
    MCN...we got a large from eggtoberfest in ATL last year. Paid $710 which included tax. Package included lgbe, nest, ash tool, grill gripper, bag of charcoal and maybe some other little stuff. The one I got had done some high heat demos so the gasket was fried, but whoever noticed that threw a new one in the bottom. Hope that helps
  • Hello Everyone..I'm new to the BGE forum and wanted to see who has been to a Eggtoberfest and is it worth the price for admission ?. I'm looking to buy an egg real soon and wanted to possibly wait until the festival for the discount. What do you guys think ?

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092

LateEgger,

I highly recommend going to Eggtoberfest or any eggfest in your area. You will meet great people, learn a lot about Egging and eat more great food than you can imagine. Do not eat before you get to an Eggfest and plan to stay all day. The cooks usually cook 4-6 different things during the day.

Eggtoberfest will probably hae close to 300 cooks so imagine all of the food.  As far as the discount I always recommend people get ther Eggs at fests. The discount is usually 20-30%. You can find deals other times but fests are agiven...any way enjoy egging and any fests you go to.

• ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited July 2012
    The prices vary from fest to fest, as well as the bundle of "stuff" that comes with them. For instance, at DizzyFest (Manassas, VA), for $750, you'll get a large BGE, nest, a sample pack of their rubs, plus three shaker bottles of your choice of their rubs, and two "taster" tickets. The VA Beach Eggfest (Virginia Beach, VA) sells their demo Eggs for $848, and you get a large BGE, nest, mates and a bag of BGE lump (everyone gets in free). You really have to look at the details, to be able to compare one price to another.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Kristinnn
    Kristinnn Posts: 133

Hello Everyone..I'm new to the BGE forum and wanted to see who has been to a Eggtoberfest and is it worth the price for admission ?. I'm looking to buy an egg real soon and wanted to possibly wait until the festival for the discount. What do you guys think ?

i was a bit shocked it is $35 EACH to get in to the ATL one ...  I hope its worth it.  Im sure it will be though.  I want to talk the hubby into a small or a mini if they have them
  • vidalia1
    Kristinnn you and hubby will eat several hundred dollars worth of food...even in small bites...it is worth it I promise... :))
  • MrCookingNurse
    I haven't been to one but for sure it's worth it. Eat food all day then get freebies and an opportunity to buy a discounted egg

XLBGE 
  • Kristinnn
    Kristinnn Posts: 133
    i hope to buy some good seasonings while im there
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

Hello Everyone..I'm new to the BGE forum and wanted to see who has been to a Eggtoberfest and is it worth the price for admission ?. I'm looking to buy an egg real soon and wanted to possibly wait until the festival for the discount. What do you guys think ?

If its like other eggfest, it absolutly worth it. You will learn a years worth of info in one day.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    At Orlando's first annual eggfest is where I purchased my beloved egg.

It was: LBGE, Nest, Platesetter, ash tool, Bag of Lump, Starter cubes and two free tickets for admission = $750 plus tax.

Sadly due to work, I was unable to attend the fest. I prepaid for everything and I picked up my egg bundle at the local Ace Hardware store at my convenience a few days after the fest ended.

It was the happiest day of my life.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Bigpop1
    Bigpop1 Posts: 9
    Can anyone tell me the hours of operation  of the eggfest on Sat at AMS
  • vidalia1

You need to purchase tickets ahead of time as there are no walk up sales...

15th Annual EGGtoberfest: $35 per person (no charge for children under 14)

Saturday, October 20, 9:00am - 5:00pm

Join us for the ultimate event on every EGGhead’s calendar! Check out the creative recipes, learn new techniques for cooking on the EGG and sample foods cooked by seasoned EGGtoberfest alumni as well as a few brave newcomers. Enjoy EGG demos, listen to live music, or even take a spin around the track in the pace car. The on-site Big Green Egg store will be open all day, and cold beer and soft drinks will help keep you refreshed.