Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Halibut on salt block

Options
burr_baby33
burr_baby33 Posts: 503
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Fixed my last halibut fillet today on a salt block and it was very good. Sprinkled with DP pineapple and covered with grated Parmesan. Now I am all out of halibut but heading back to Alaske in August for a reload.

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Do you go fish and bring it back home? I did my first ocean fishing last week off westport here in washington. A friend has a good setup and first time out caught our limit of cod, and rockfish.
    Salmon day was blocked off by the coast guard due to swells but it was a good time. Buddy says halibut and Tuna fishing in same spot just further off the coast, we were 15 miles or so.
    Got sick but had a good time and now enjoying the fish. He told me I can jump on the tuna and halibut fishing list which he hosts as a first come first serve basis when weather is good and each member has the gas $ contribution which amount of gas usage sure suprised me. Fun time though.
    Seattle, WA
  • burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Options
    Skinny, we fish off shore but not far from land, prob 5 miles max. This will be my 12th trip to Alaska. Most of the lodges will have our fish rock solid frozen and packed in 50 pound boxes and we just pay for excess baggage. It is less expensive than Fedx or other carriers and the fish gets home in good shape. Typically each person will take home three 50 pound boxes of salmon and halibut fillets. Wife going this year, her 3rd trip to Alaska.