Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Headed out on vacation....

Sgt93
Sgt93 Posts: 728
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
And I already miss my XL. I spent an hour talking to her this morning telling her my wife is making me leave her, but it is only temporary.  We shared jokes, had a few laughs, and looked at pictures of cooks. I think she understands and we can't wait to reunite. :((
XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93

Comments

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder...Add some Absolute to that and you'll be sending your XL flowers in a few days.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390

Wow man!  We are a bunch of freaks aren't we??? (me included)

I tell my wife It's an "EGG THING", you wouldn't understand.  But the more she eats from my cooks, the more she understands.........

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Sgt93
    I need a Mini or a Small for this reason alone.
  • Sgt93
    ccpoulin1 said:

Wow man!  We are a bunch of freaks aren't we??? (me included)

I tell my wife It's an "EGG THING", you wouldn't understand.  But the more she eats from my cooks, the more she understands.........

My wife understands as well. She certainly doesn't mind me doing to cooking! :))
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Enjoy vacation.. hopefully while you are gone your egg is faithful. It would kill me to come home to my egg slow cooking a shoulder for someone else. Searing steaks I could forgive, but a low and slow would kill me.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    You're gonna spend vacation thinking of and planning all the cooks you're gonna do when you get home.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Enjoy vacation.. hopefully while you are gone your egg is faithful. It would kill me to come home to my egg slow cooking a shoulder for someone else. Searing steaks I could forgive, but a low and slow would kill me.

But it would be nice to come home & found your egg had a small or mini while you were gone.  lol

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• rontho
    rontho Posts: 109
    Call her every night and have phone (T)rex
  • Sgt93
    You guys crack me up. The birth of a mini or small would be amazing! Seeing someone touch my egg would result in a criminal sexual abuse report.
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    I am going on vacation in a couple of weeks to my parents' beach house. That is the good part. The bad part is I will be stuck with a gas grill there for a week while my egg sits at home lonely. Oh the humanity.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Sometimes vacations are nice to get the creative juices flowing again for your cooks. Not to mention after being away for awhile, the food tastes even better coming off the egg when you get home. Enjoy your vacation.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

Hell, take her with you. This one went from Texas to Fl a few weeks ago.

imageimageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    I need a Mini or a Small for this reason alone.
    Yea, but then the XL will get jealous.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346

But it would be nice to come home & found your egg had a small or mini while you were gone.  lol
    LMFAO! :D

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    You guys are outta control! I got a few tears from laughing. Great post. Oh and sorry you have to resort to phone (T)rex.
  • Sgt93
    edited July 2012
    LOL! Some of the comments on here. We took the wife's Volvo XC60. Even a mini should be pushing it for space. I will love, but I miss her!