Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip on the Mini

Options
R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I look pretty closely at the tri tips at the grocery store even if I don't need one as every once in a while I find one that just looks so much better than the others and screams "buy me"!  

This one said just that to me:

Brushed with EVOO & rubbed with Rub Co Original & Santa Maria:

Put it on the Mini Egg which was cruising along at about 335 with a chunk of red oak for some smoke:

I love searing on the Mini so after IT hit about 118, I seared it a minute per side:

Temp in thickest part when pulled was about 128-129 and during the rest it peaked out at:

Sliced & served:

It was delicious with a little buttery taste!  I'm so glad this one called out to me.

Thanks for looking!

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments