Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork, brisket and pulled beef

IrishDevl
IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
edited July 2012 in Pork
So I have a party where I am going to cook an 8 lb beef shoulder, 15lbs pork butt and one brisket.  I have never cooked this much food, I know it will fit, but does anyone know will it take much longer than cooking lets say 10 lb butt.  I was going to put it on at midnight (friday) and pull it off between 2 and 4PM saturday.  This would be a 14-16 hour cook.  Is this enough time or am I pushing this much meat - should I give more time in your opinion.  Thanks

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Never wrestled with that much meat in one shot (or the variety) but absent anything else, assuming (hate that word) you can keep each hunk separate in the BGE,  then their respective cook-times will be quite close to a stand-alone cook for each.  That said, I would estimate long and rely on the FTC to even everything out.  Good luck, enjoy the journey and let us know how it sorts out.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • texbagger
    texbagger Posts: 90
    Don't over complicate it, use a meat thermometer, keep check on the dome temp, it's all easy and good.