Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

grilled caesar pointers

JohnMc
JohnMc Posts: 76
edited July 2012 in Salads and Dressings
I did a search and found lots of pictures of great looking grilled caesar salads but not much in the way of how to do it.  Thought I'd try it out.  Anything I should do other than throwing the romaine on a hot grill and hoping I don't cremate it?

Comments

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    I don't cook my romaine.  Just the chicken.  I make my own dressing from scratch each time (has to be in an unfinished wooden bowl) then, when the chicken is done, cut it up to bite sized pieces and put on the salad.  Then add the croutons and Parmesan cheese.
    I went to www.foodnetwork.com and they say to grill the romaine leaves (not cut up) for 1-2 min per side.

OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • reh111
    reh111 Posts: 196
    I throw them on the grill, cut side down, with nothing on them for a few minutes - flip them over, brush on dressing and parmesan and leave for a few more - lets the cheese melt - I just do it at whatever temperature I've cooked whatever else I'm cooking - don't need to leave them on too long - just long enough for the leaves to start wilting and some grill marks to appear
  • JohnMc
    JohnMc Posts: 76
    Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know if I was successful.  Had a great cook tonight although I realize I must have screwed up on trying to post pictures of it.  However did manage to keep my reputation as world's greatest martini maker and seriously tore up a bottle of high end sipping rum that a client gifted me with.