Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hole diameter and position?

Options
RajunCajun
RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
edited July 2012 in EGG Table Forum

Morning Ladies and Gents,

I am finally getting around to building my new egg table that will be made from a combination of old sinker pecky cypress as well as some new cypress.

Does anyone have the plans for the original BGE large table (which I own)?  I am trying to get the (a) hole diameter size and (b) its relative position.

Keep eggin....

Thanks folks,

Rajuncaun

The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options

Yes...thanks.  I was hoping the diagram would also have the hole center relative to the end of the table.  I have the large BGE table already and I am using it as a guide to position my large egg in the new table...so looking for hole diameter, which is included here, as well as the x and y position of the hole.  I am going to do a granite inlay on the bottom shelf underneath the egg....so I need the x,y center for that as well.

Thanks

The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    I centered mine in my table. Some prefer it off to one side. That is a personal choice. I laid my dome on the table and drew around it and simply cut it out with a jigsaw. By the time you get the lower table that the Egg sits on at the right height, the hole is the perfect size for the Egg.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    21" hole, pick your center on the top.  The center on the bottom will be the same fraction or ratio transposed to the dimension of the bottom shelf.

I built a pecky cypress table....actually made two of them.  Lots of work, but came out beautiful.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1140407/my-home-made-egg-table-pecky-cypress/p1
    Options
    Oh, yeah, geaux Tigers!
    Options

Yes, your table came out very nice.  Working on my table as we speak....since the rain is keeping me indoors.  Working with the sinker cypress is such a joy...the stuff is so stable.  Although I do not have enough for the entire cabinet, so mine is mixed between rough cut and sinker.

Thanks for the tip.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I don't have any sinker, wish I did.  I picked up about 300 board feet of reclaimed pecky cypress from a guy off craigs list...most of it was de-nailed resawn and planed.  About to head out to the shop to work on two giant pecky cypress bookshelves.

Anyway, post some pics, I don't see many pecky cypress egg tables out there.

Options

Will do...and shhhhh....don't let too many people in on the BGE secret...then everyone here in Cajun Country will have one.

Just kidding!!  One of the best toy investments I ever made.  Have had it now going on 12yrs and love it.