Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill Accessories Storage

Options
BigGreenBamaGriller
BigGreenBamaGriller Posts: 629
edited July 2012 in EGG Table Forum
For everyone that does not have a table, or didn't have one previously. How do you store all your stuff (platesetter, Woo, Lump, Chips, Chunks, etc)? I have a smallish 12x8 patio in back and I am tired of dragging everything around the house from the garage.

Thanks in advance
Killen, AL (The Shoals)
XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have a table, but I also store grilling stuff in a deck box.  Doubles as a seat.  Keeps everything dry.
    Options
    Something like this: www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-5F21-Deck-Box-Seat/dp/B000CFOW3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341601077&sr=8-1&keywords=yard+storage

Options
    I put my charcoal in a rubbermaid plastic bin. I also scored a great wire table from thrift store for my other tools. Now that I've put my table together I may transition the table out, but it's very useful for hot starters or grates. 
    Large BGE as of Father's day '12 http://www.jwhit.com
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

I bought a Deckbox/Construction tool box thing at home depot.    4 ft, by 30 in, by 2 ft.    It sits next the pool equip.   Have everything in there - including the current bag of charcoal.   Has a handy tray that slides on the top level, have lighting materials, gloves, grill handle, etc in there.

Paid probably 60-70 $ for it.   Works great.

Cookin in Texas
  • brimee
    brimee Posts: 127
    Options
    The old gas grill makes a nice stainless steel storage cabinet.

Although I had to use the gasser on the 4th for the first time since last October, had to set everything out for the day.
    Brian
    Fairview, Texas
  • Kristinnn
    Kristinnn Posts: 133
    Options
    i use a big 130 gal deck box to store the charcoal that is also in plastic bins IN the deck box and misc stuff for the grill.  i also attached some plant hangers to my fence to hang my misc grates on.
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    I keep the platesetter inside the egg when not in use. while doing direct heat, I just lay it beside my egg (although the kids playing in the pool have broken 1 in the past by doing this).  As fer coal, I keep coal in a 20 gal. container and wood in another container.
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • SoCal_Griller
    Options
    I use my old gasser to store my equipment :0
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    I use my gasser or kitchen oven. Which ever one is not being used at that time. (usually neither)
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips guys. I'll be making a trip to Home Depot to pick up a deck box. 

#never owned, or intended to own a gasser...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs