Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's Friday! What's cookin???

Options
Smokin Joe
Smokin Joe Posts: 441
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay - I haven't had two minutes to myself and I haven't looked at a post on this forum for about a week - I know... wha, wha, wha... Work is a bear right now, but hey... it's Friday!!! [p]I have two 8 lb butts ready to go on in an hour and will follow that with three slabs of spares for dinner tomorrow night. I'm using my new Guru for the first time & I'm smelling smokey as I sit here typing away. All I need is a cold one and I'm set!!![p]So whatchya cookin this weekend? [p]Glad to be back!!! Joe

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Smokin Joe,[p]Unfortunately, not a darn thing tonight! I won't be out of here until close to 6:30. I'm tired and don't feel like cooking. So, we're going to a local hippie pizza joint for some adult beverages and pizza pie![p]Tomorrow, it'll be a seafood feast of some kind. [p]
    salmon&scallops.jpg[p]I've got 10 lbs of chicken quarters to cook up and food-save for instant meal choices, and then I have a 15 lb turkey to get in brine so I can throw it on the large for Sunday dinner. [p]tsunami-chicken.jpg[p]The leftovers freeze really well, and we just pulled the last foodsaver bag of turkey out yesterday. No company, no special occasion, just replenishing the freezer supply and kicking back this weekend.[p]maple-brined-turkey.jpg[p]Now, next weekend, we've got company and LOTS of cooking to do![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Smokin Joe,
    Some nice filets and veggies. Grocer didn't have butternut squash. So went with zucchini. (sp).[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    filet1.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike,
    My mind is some where else and I can't find it.[p]Mike

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    QBabe,
    Ooooh, that looks really good!!! I see the shrimp, but are those scallops & bacon around that hunk o salmon?[p]I have to share this - my 14 year old niece (who is with us for the summer) told me today (as I was seasoning the ribs & butts) that the night before she came here she had a dream that she was eating my salmon - how funny is that. I told her that dreams do come true! I guess we're having salmon on Sunday or Monday! [p]Have a great weekend & enjoy you pizza & suds or vino.[p]BTW - I really need to get a digital camera and start posting pix - then my wife will really think I've lost my mind... LOL [p]Joe

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Very nice indeed! Is that proscutti? - I can't spell that - sorry LOL You might think I was Italian or something??? Joe

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Smokin Joe,
    Yep you're just not there until you pick up your camera and recall a memory from your last cook, not from a picture, but from a smell or a grease spot.[p]LOL

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    8-Butts.jpg
    <p />Smokin Joe,[p]I right witcha Joe. I got 8 butts on my pair of big ones tonight for my first pulled pork catering gig tomorrow.[p]I'll be kicking back tonight working on the first keg in the o'l Fathers Day Kegerator.[p]BEER:30 PM is just around the corner.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Smokin Joe,[p]I didn't think you were EyeTalian, I thought yoos were a Jersy boy. LOL

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kegerator.jpg
    <p />Ahhhhhhh, Fresh cold draft beer. 36.4 degrees.

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Wow!!! That is one beautiful sight!!! If you're not careful, we're gonna to have to start callin you ButtMeister... Heeeee![p]I just got back in from from my deck - ya know, I just have to check on everything and, oh, what do you know??? It's beer:30 here - aaah![p]Good luck with you catering gig tomorrow!!! Later! Joe[p]

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Yo youse guyz, it's F-N Joyzee. LOL [p]You got that right my friend! [p]Beers to ya & the Mrs!!! Joe

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    I'm such a visual person too... It's terrible, I really need to get one. Talk about lazy??? Joe

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    Grill,
    Ah yes, a little red neck red to blow the dust off your throat!!! Or as my Joyzee heritage would say - troat! LOL[p]I'm with ya man! To the King!!! Joe

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Smokin Joe,[p]Sorry for the late reply. It was close to 9 when we got home last night and then we watched a DVD, so I never made it back out here...[p]Yes, those were bacon wrapped scallops, and they're super on the egg, as long as you don't over cook them. [p]Tonia
    :~)