Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baked spaghetti pot pie?

Options
JwgreDeux
JwgreDeux Posts: 139
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Tried this little experiment the other day, went well.  Based on the following recipe, but I just did one large casserole instead of the minis:

http://www.nibblemethis.com/2011/08/spaghetti-and-meatball-pot-pie.html 

Was very good. (I've always heaped pasta on my garlic bread so this will be a keeper for me).

Comments

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    OK that is on my list - I love pasta (My downfall)

I want to make a lasagna on the Egg as well SOON. 

As well as chili, stew, steak, brisket..............

Garnerville, NY
  • JwgreDeux
    Options
    If you are going to try it, I had to go quite a bit longer on the egg than the recipe calls for (I'm guessing due the the size difference in containers and therefore size of pizza crust).
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    I love just-because-I-can cooks.  Looks good, do you have a pic of it on the plate, or with the crust cut so we can see the inside?

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Elde
    Elde Posts: 148
    Options
    I love just-because-I-can cooks.  Looks good, do you have a pic of it on the plate, or with the crust cut so we can see the inside?
    +1!
  • JwgreDeux
    Options
    Sorry, my wife started carving and serving before I got a chance.  I will say, We loosened the crust from around the edge of the casserole dish and flipped the whole thing over.  Put another touch of shredded cheese and parm on for looks and cut it with a pizza cutter and served on plates.  I looked good as well.  You should have seen the faces of our guests when they tasted the "best spaghetti" they had ever had.

I really is a neat cook.  Especially for people that love pasta/italian, i bet your guests will have never had anything like it.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    OK that is on my list - I love pasta (My downfall)

I want to make a lasagna on the Egg as well SOON. 

I have an Italian market close that makes their own lasagna's. I buy them and heat them up on the Egg. It picks up just a little smoke and is out of this world. I'm sure homemade would yield great results as well. 

In fact, the wife and I are working on clearing out the freezer and I'm cooking a lasagna tonight on the Egg. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • milkman5083
    milkman5083 Posts: 100
    Options
    That looks amazing! Great job.
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    Wow, something to try for sure!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Thanks for bringing that recipe up. I remember when Chris originally made it. It went on my to do list, but since my to do list is only in my head, it never got done. Now I want to try it again.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• milkman5083
    milkman5083 Posts: 100
    Options
    My wife wants me to make this tonight to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. We are in the process of making it now.