Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What the heck are these for?

Options
JC_EggRookie
JC_EggRookie Posts: 26
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
As the name implies,I'm greener than a Big Green Egg at this but excited about being a part of this group. I put the egg together and found these in a separate box but have not been able to find out what they are and what they are for. I'm gonna feel stupid if it is something obvious but I've been there before. Any help with this?

Still a Rookie after 3 years and always will be learnin'. Love my LBGE!

Comments

• Airwolf
    Airwolf Posts: 76
    Options
    Feet to put under the egg when you are putting it on a wooden table or something similar.  Many people also use them on the inside to put under a pizza stone on the plate setter.
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    Feet, for the egg when it sits on a flat surface such as fire brick or paver. Don't throw them out. They also work well elevating a drip pan off the plate setter so your drippings don't burn, creating acrid smoke.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    edited July 2012
    Options

Those are the famous BGE "feet" to be used if you put the BGE in a table.  Supposedly they are no longer being offered with the BGE but who knows...BTW-if you have the nest the feet are quite useful to elevate a drip pan when doing indirect cooks-a whole 'nother topic.  Welcome and ask away-many here who will help with any BGE  (or not) related topic.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JC_EggRookie
    Options
    Thanks Airwolf,I would not have guessed to put the egg itself on them. It was bothering me because I thought I may have missed something important in the assembly. Thanks again!
  • JC_EggRookie
    Options
    I like the idea about raising the drip pan off of the plate setter. Thanks!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    You can use them to raise your pizza stone off the platesetter too.
  • Newville
    Newville Posts: 84
    Options
    I like the idea about raising the drip pan off of the plate setter. Thanks!

Have amassed several sets to do just that ... that way we don not turn the drippings or moisture (like to use aple juice concentrate) to a crisp.  Just slip a couple feet under the drip pan and the airflow inside the egg does the rest.
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    Options
    Someone mentioned that they had several extra sets of feet in another thread. If that person (or any other) reads this thread, I'd like to get a set. My new Large BGE didnt come with any. I'll happily pay shipping - thanks!
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Someone mentioned that they had several extra sets of feet in another thread. If that person (or any other) reads this thread, I'd like to get a set. My new Large BGE didnt come with any. I'll happily pay shipping - thanks!
    Have you tried your local dealer-many who deliver assembled BGE's end up with the feet back at the store. Just a thought-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    You can use them to raise your pizza stone off the platesetter too.
    That's what I use them for.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I use them all the time to elevate casserole dishes or cast iron skilelts or DO off the placesetter when cooking indirect. Keeps the bottom from burning.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings