Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Living My 4th Through You

blaccjack
blaccjack Posts: 37
edited July 2012 in Forum List
I really wanted to give my new XLBGE a test run this 4th. However, I won't get it until Friday and I got called into work today. So, I would love to see all the great BBQ you guys did today. Maybe, a quick discription also to give the newbie some ideas. I maybe new but I already consider you guys second family (shhhh don't tell wife and kids). I spend way too much time reading about the BGE lol. Happy 4th. Be safe and enjoy!!

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Ah thats no good. I work call too. It's great when u pull a supper off the egg set it down and then beep beep beep beep and off you run to the hospital supper sitting on the counter :(

I'm off and off call too :)

Got ribs

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

A bacon explosion

And chicken. Not from the egg tho

XLBGE 
  • blaccjack
    I'm extremely curious about the Bacon Explosion. My wife would go crazy. I'm guessing it's bacon wrapped something? How do you cook it? Direct or Indirect
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    I did a pork butt.
    MrCookingNurse I just gave a "smoke n grill" away last week. When I got my Egg I thought I would keep it just in case, but the egg makes bbq so much easier that I knew it was time to say good bye to my old friend that got me started.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @ Brownie-been there done that-Weber and Kingsford for many years-SWMBO suggested gasser-my reply "when I'm too old for charcoal (w/o any BGE knowledge...), then time for a gasser".  As you would expect within about 6 weeks here is the Weber Genesis gasser-credit where credit is earned-it did a good job for many  years-got the smoke bug-started with the "water gassers" and sorta figured it out but very labor intensive-too many challenges with the smokers-"declared victory" did some research and landed with the BGE a few years ( only 2 +) ago. Never looked back (Satchel Paige-don't look back, somethin might be gainin on ya) and thoroughly enjoy the BGE and the community.  Happy B'day USA!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blaccjack

OHHHH look at that butt

=P~
  • Elde
    Elde Posts: 148
    No pix, but I did 14lbs of Lexington Style BBQ - everyone raved about it.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos 32 lbs of ribs
    Lynnwood WA
  • Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    Very nice I bet you could get another 8 lbs on there.  =))
  • blaccjack
    @double do you have any left over? I'm catching the first flight out of Cali!
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Ye just a bit! Even gave some to next door don't know how I figured 5 people would eat all that haha my 4 yr old let me down he is normally good for half a rack but only wanted the corn tonight.
    Lynnwood WA