Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My friends have told me I should post some pictures of my egg table.

Options
jlloyder
jlloyder Posts: 9
edited June 2012 in EGG Table Forum
I milled it out of cedar (all but the drawers).  I chose not to stain it, instead, I rubbed it down with Danish Oil for a natural look. The tile is inlayed. There are five functioning drawers. The egg is sitting on top of a18"x18" tile.  Dimensions of the table are 79"W x 28"D x 39"H. The BGE was a gift from the guys in my wedding party. It's a medium size egg and gets lots and lots of use. Absolutely love it!  The first thing I did after moving in with my new wife was make a new egg table.  The metal egg nest that it came with was flimpsy at best.  Anyway, I made the table big enough for the next size up so that I can use it even as my family grows.  The last thing to note, my mother-in-law made the table cover as a birthday gift.  How cool is that?!  Happy Egging y'all! It's grillin' season! I'm so excited.

Comments

• jlloyder
    edited June 2012
    Options
    As you can see, I built it in my one car garage.  It took me a total of about a solid 160 hours... so if you were wondering if I'd build you one, the answer is maybe.  I already have a full time job so I would need about 3 to 4 months and it would cost about $3,200 not including materials. Of course, if you did not want it made out of cedar, or if you did not want the 5 drawers, it would be cheaper. And I might be able to convince my mother-in-law to sew another table cover if the price is right.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    If you were not self advertising, you may get better traction on this forum. If pigs had wings, they would fly.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • BloodyJonFlynt
    Options
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Very nice table sir! Mighty fine work.

I also agree with Travis about the self advertisement. If you would have waited, someone would have asked for the plans...then you could have responded via PM. Many asked me for mine so I'm speaking from experience. $3,200+ (not including materials) seems really steep and this is coming from someone who has a quality table...also made from cedar and with 5 drawers.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Only $3,200? I will take 4. Is it OK if I pay all the money up front?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • cazzy
    Options

=))
  • jlloyder
    Options

I guess I was a little too shameless to give the details... If I could retract my statements, I would.  In fact, I probably would not have even posted the pics.   Quality always comes with a price and 160 hours on any project that turns out right is not something to thumb a nose at. I was not really being serious about building one for anyone else because I know the price is too steep for eggheads like us.  This is why I built it for myself... I meant to only "advertise" what it would have probably cost given the amount of time I put into it. If the time is not worth the money, it's always better to just DIY. If someone can tell me how to delete postings and comments... I'll get right on it. 8-} :)>-
  • jlloyder
    Options

Nice table!
    Thanks!
  • jlloyder
    Options
    Very nice table sir! Mighty fine work.

I also agree with Travis about the self advertisement. If you would have waited, someone would have asked for the plans...then you could have responded via PM. Many asked me for mine so I'm speaking from experience. $3,200+ (not including materials) seems really steep and this is coming from someone who has a quality table...also made from cedar and with 5 drawers.

I had a lot of fun building it.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    That's one good lookin' table.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• jlloyder
    Options
    Up front is preferred. LOL... but you can't call me Brian because I've warned you that one table may take up to 4 months
  • Coastal_Egger
    Options
    It is a nice looking table. A little out of my price range.
  • SoCal_Griller
    Options
    That's a nice table.  I can see that you put a lot of work into it.  When I read your post I got the impression that you were not really interested in building one for others, hence the price.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Forget the price-anything like that would be viewed as furniture-I would not be allowed to mess it up by actually using it for what it was designed...I may be in the minority but working with anything "Q" and lump does leave a trail of things that need clean-up.  And I always fail the clean-up SWMBO inspection :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • cazzy
    edited June 2012
    Options

I guess I was a little too shameless to give the details... If I could retract my statements, I would.  In fact, I probably would not have even posted the pics.   Quality always comes with a price and 160 hours on any project that turns out right is not something to thumb a nose at. I was not really being serious about building one for anyone else because I know the price is too steep for eggheads like us.  This is why I built it for myself... I meant to only "advertise" what it would have probably cost given the amount of time I put into it. If the time is not worth the money, it's always better to just DIY. If someone can tell me how to delete postings and comments... I'll get right on it. 8-} :)>-
    No need to delete your post and I'm glad you did post pics. You have a beautiful table and you spent quite a bit of time on it...which is apparent by the quality of the finished product.

I wish i had the skillset to build mine so props to you. I only said it was steep cause I paid significantly less to have mine built. Maybe SoCal hit it on the head and you inflated the price to avoid people asking you to squeeze in another 160 hours. Lol

You can see my table here:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1138745/my-table-is-finally-home-and-egged-lots-of-pics/p1
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Beautiful job!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Don Marco
    Don Marco Posts: 287
    Options
    Thats a beauty !  Nice craftmanship and lots of nice details.

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • acr
    acr Posts: 27
    Options
    4 weeks of full time work (160 hours = 4, 40 hour weeks)...  that seems like a lot of effort... but what do I know?

I'm about to embark on a similar (albeit a little smaller) table, I'm hoping it doesn't take 160 hours!

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Nice table, I read your price and offering as the sarcastic comment I think you meant it to be. No need to delete, this forum stuff is for fun, banter and laughter.
    Seattle, WA
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Nice table. What size egg?

XLBGE 
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    If you were not self advertising, you may get better traction on this forum. If pigs had wings, they would fly.
    I didn't read it as self-advertising at all.  At 3-4 months and $3200 for an egg table, I read it as his way of saying "no, I can't build one of these for you."  You'd have to be both nuts and made of money to spend that much on an egg table.
  • jlloyder
    Options
    Nice table, I read your price and offering as the sarcastic comment I think you meant it to be. No need to delete, this forum stuff is for fun, banter and laughter.

Thanks for keeping it light SkinnyV
    Nice table. What size egg?
    Medium :-( I look forward to the day i can upgrade