Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Short Brisket Cook

Options
Jai-Bo
Jai-Bo Posts: 584
edited June 2012 in Beef
I got a flatie yesterday and figured at least 14-16 hours....I coated her w/ mustard then garlic sea salt and garlic pepper (yes I love garlic).  I also put a nice coat of Camp Dog seasoning fer a little tang.  I put her on at 1415 yesterday (225) and figured she would be OK until I woke up to go to early church this AM. Well, I woke up at 0430 and said let me go check her out!   She was at 188 so I figured I'd go ahead and pull her!  Got her wrapped all nice and cozy in a cooler and am greatly awaiting lunch today.  Got some friends coming over this afternoon and going to cooked a cajun stuffed chicken to go w/ the brisket along w/ some asparagus and corn on the cob!  Here are the pics of the brisket.

Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Don't know the size of your flat but by my math your cook  was around 14 hours in length....short????
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Don't know the size of your flat but by my math your cook  was around 14 hours in length....short????
    Yepper....I forgot to check the LB of the brisket to guesstimate the time to cook but it worked out good.  I prefer a spicy bark but cooking it fer my guests made me ease it a bit!  It was good just not great!  Had some Jalapeno poppers and finished it off w/ nanna pudding! 
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!