Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE & Holland Grill

Options
geminibuddy
geminibuddy Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in EGG Table Forum
I have both a LG BGE and a Holland Grill (Stainless) that I would like to build a table for. Can someone direct me for some ideas with both a gas grill and the BGE integrated into the same platform? Ideas?

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    You shouldn't have any trouble fining ideas to spend all your money on. A lot f people with outdoor cooking areas in here have a nice gasser built in and an egg. Should be easy to find under the table threads.

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Is your holland bottle r plummed? My dads is plummed really makes it easy to build aroud

XLBGE 
  • EGGASM
    EGGASM Posts: 18
    Options

I also have both LG BGE and a Holland Grill.  To me, they are a great combination of cookers.  My wife loves the Holland because it is easy to start and very forgiving.  I love the BGE for the versitility.  My wife suggested building a table to fit them both, but I think the BGE needs it's own table.  I'm looking for a plan for my BGE table.  I want a cabinet to hide all the accessories.  If you did make a table for both grills, I would like to see photos.

• Rubmyrock
    Rubmyrock Posts: 266
    Options
    I likewise have both. I don't get the Holland. I've used it six times and hate it. No sear and takes and hour to cook a steak. Seriously thinking about making a video of me destroying it. Otherwise, I may just give it away to someone in here that lives near Charlotte.
  • MeatNGreet
    Options
    I likewise have both. I don't get the Holland. I've used it six times and hate it. No sear and takes and hour to cook a steak. Seriously thinking about making a video of me destroying it. Otherwise, I may just give it away to someone in here that lives near Charlotte.
    Have you tried a turkey in it or chicken or even fish? The Holland isn't a grill for steaks or searing since it doesn't get above 400 degrees. I have both but can never find a reason to use the Holland after getting my Egg.
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Options
    @Rubmyrock, finally someone who agrees with me. My dad and father in-law both have one and I don't get it either. It has one temperature that lies some where in the range of useless. Too hot for bbq to cold for grilling. If I wanted to bake I would use the oven in the house. To each their own though I suppose. Not knocking anybody that has one but they seem overrated to me though.
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    I love my egg but if you are hell bent on getting rid of the Holland, I'll take it off your hands.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC