Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife and kids out of town!

Options
MDHog
MDHog Posts: 43
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Dad meal on the egg. 

TRex rib eye with raising the steaks rub. Grilled Sweet Potatoes with sprinkle of Raging River rub (great on sweet potatoes).  Grilled Vidalia onion. Glass of Syrah. No green vegetables need apply. 

Comments

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Looks like a good breakfast, what's for lunch???
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    What temp and time on the sweet potatoes? I can't ever get mine right. Yours look great.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • MDHog
    MDHog Posts: 43
    Options
    For the sweet potatoes, you need to cook them a bit before putting them on the grill. I slice them thick (1/2 inch), then 2 minutes in the wave, then about 4 minutes a side on the grill (same as the steak during the Trex "roasting" phase) at 400 or so. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Nice! I tend to experiment when the wife goes away so only one person has to eat the screw ups if they happen, but I do like to cook a nice steak, too. Never grilled sweet potatoes, though. Looks great.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    Options
    My wife and kiddo are out of time for a month!  Just got the XL for fathers day, so my weekends are going to be filled with egg-speriments.  Hopefully i will be used to it by the time they are back.  I have a friend i can egg-speriment on!.  Going to try some nice tomohawk ribeyes this weekend.  Your onions, and the whole meal look great

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    That is a great looking meat and taters dish.  "no green veggies need apply"  =))
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx