Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Congrats To All The Egg Teams..........

Options
JSlot
JSlot Posts: 1,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
that got called to the stage this weekend!! Nice showing in MD for the Dizzy Pig gang. Hope everyone else had a great Father's Day weekend![p]Jim

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    JSlot,
    Just finished comparing results and stories with NB about our respective competitions. He said that they made turn-in for their 3rd place brisket with 6 seconds to spare. Unfortunately, the Dizzy Pig North team was 28 seconds later than that and thus took our first (and hopefully last) DQ ever. There were a number of factors involved but I'm trying not to dwell on them because it causes the acid reflux to flare up! LOL
    Other than that, a great weekend in Dundee, MI at the Cabela's Challenge. We got two calls, one to collect a nice mounted glass 5th place trophy (there were 30 teams total) for our chicken and a medallion for our 7th place pork. Our ribs were middle-of-the-pack. Judges, reps and support staff who ate but did not score the brisket all said the entry was 'award-worthy', but we'll never truly know, will we?..... Have a whole month to play that brisket turn-in over and over in my mind, so I'll be geared-up--and punctual--in Grand Rapids at the end of July.
    Qfan[p]

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    wow, that's something about your brisket. ..not to make you dwell on it, but i'm sure a lot of us would like to hear what happened so that we can all avoid that one in the future. . .[p]i was standing behind the turn-in table yesterday in maryland, and i was starting to get nervous when hatch came running up with those few seconds to spare to turn in his brisket box. ... they did cut it close. . .[p]congrats on your placings though. . .. thats great!!!

• Unknown
    Options
    JSlot, Green Eggs and Ham placed second in chicken and 11th overall in Smyrna this past weekend. Dan is working hard and hasn't missed many weekends this spring.
    Congrats to all the others that did well this weekend and also to all those that cooked and had a great Father's Day.[p]Good EGGIN' to All,
    Poppasam

• LOG
    LOG Posts: 85
    Options
    JSlot,
    Thanks Jim, Stump and myself had a blast this weekend at Peters Pond. We went as Circus Que. We placed first in Chef's choice. Third in Brisket, and Fifth in Pork. Not bad for our first effort and am looking forward to doing it again.
    Jeff/LOG

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    We were within 30 seconds of being late on two of our entries, and it is not the only time we have been close to being late. I think we need to set our clocks 5 minutes fast, and hypnotize ourselves so we think that is the real time!! LOL. Funny how we have 24 hours to prepare, and still can hardly get the stinkin boxes in on time! Okay....it's not really funny.[p]Congrats to you guys on the awards!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ