Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This should be criminal

Phoenix824
Phoenix824 Posts: 243
edited June 2012 in Poultry
I have been doing paperwork for my job all day.   (home office)     I started the egg and put a "diet mt dew can chicken"  (I did not have a beer in the fridge)  (Note to self: Get Beer)  on and forgot about the thing until the meat thermometer alarm went off to tell me the chicken was done.    Cooking a fantastic dinner should not be this easy.   
Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE

Comments

• billybon
    billybon Posts: 213
    You can look at that bird and know that it was moist inside. Nice job.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    You don't need to get beer, unless you want to put it in the cook. I've used beer, coke, tea, lemonade, water and have never been able to note any difference in taste. If you don't believe me, do 2 next time, one with beer and one with water and have people tell you if they can taste a difference.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Whoops.....forgot to say nice job on the bird. Looks great.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Time and temp?  I am doing two of these tonight for the neighbors.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Spatchcock next time
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    I did a "bud light" can chicken last night.  The rub recipe: 1/4 cup course salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup paprika, and 1 tablespoon of black pepper. EVOO the bird, apply rub, set it in a drip pan, put in 325 degree egg (grate temp) with a pecan chunk, and took out at 165 degrees.  Took a little over an hour.  When I cut open the breast the juices poured out into the drip pan and we used the juices for dipping.  Beautiful crust and great flavor - I love my egg!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321

Did you use a platesetter, or just the drip pan on the grid?

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Just a drip pan on the grid. Started the charcoal on one side of the grill and put the chicken and drip pan on the other side. The lit charcoal stayed on the one side due to only heating to 325.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Phoenix824
    edited June 2012
    Time and temp?  I am doing two of these tonight for the neighbors.
    I did 350 Indirect  took about a hour and a half
  • Phoenix824
    You don't need to get beer, unless you want to put it in the cook. I've used beer, coke, tea, lemonade, water and have never been able to note any difference in taste. If you don't believe me, do 2 next time, one with beer and one with water and have people tell you if they can taste a difference.
    Correct I did three last year in the same cook.    Two had beer different types and one orange juice.     I could not tell which was which.    Diet Mt. Dew last night since that was what I had in a can.
  • Adamd
    Adamd Posts: 160
    Looks really good! I want some :D
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    (I did not have a beer in the fridge)  (Note to self: Get Beer)

way the cook went, sounds like..........Note to self: Get more beer..........

lol

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.