Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bought My Wife a Traeger

Options
jasonarmstr
jasonarmstr Posts: 5
edited June 2012 in Off Topic
This is probably slanderous, but I bought my wife a Traeger Junior.  She loves it.   It's a good chick smoker.  :)

Comments

• Phoenix824
    Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Blasphemy
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Options

Must not like your wife----

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    My buddy just won a Traeger in a raffle. He hasn't cooked on it yet tho. They are selling them at my Costco.
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Options
    They are very easy to use, but you will find the food a bit dryer than when from the egg. Save chicken for the egg. Really gets dry on the Traeger. Sausage are great. So is prime rib.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    It's all fun and games till the power goes out. Then you realize all you had was a stove eye! ;)) They are good for people like my wife's aunt, who just wants to hit the switch and walk away.
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Options
    It's all fun and games till the power goes out. Then you realize all you had was a stove eye! ;)) They are good for people like my wife's aunt, who just wants to hit the switch and walk away.
    Yep. It's definitely a limited use appliance. I got the Traeger before the egg. ( There's a joke in there somewhere... ) I would never have gotten a Traeger if I had purchased an egg first. BUT, since I have both, the Traeger can be handy as a side appliance.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Options
    BGE OR DIE! b-(
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Janssen14
    Janssen14 Posts: 50
    Options
    It's great till the pellet auger jams and rusts out In a year..
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options

A buddy of mine has one of those and wants to compete against me in a throwdown. I told him to bring the contraption over because the Egg is a permanent fixture at my house and doesnt travel.

I told him we can cook whatever he likes and bring our friends over for them to judge.

I cant wait for the day.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options

Must not like your wife----

LMAO
  • hogsfan
    hogsfan Posts: 128
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Eggdam
    Eggdam Posts: 223
    Options
    My brother has one. Makes really good food but takes the fun out of it. Also you will pay way more for pellets then you do for lump. I considered one before my egg but your SOL if like steak or any other high heat direct. My brothers is 2 years and body is so rusty that they are sending him a new one on warranty.
  • rontho
    rontho Posts: 109
    Options
    You bought your wife a tre...tre....tre....tre.....oh hell...a storage bin?
  • brentsee
    brentsee Posts: 99
    Options

Should of went with a $100.00 gasser.  I don't think Traegers get hot enough for what you would want to cook on it.  (My thoughts).  all the low and slow, and high temp cooks I would think you would do on the egg...... So, what's left?    Warm up leftovers? 

I still have a gasser in case my wife wants to cook, but,,, she doesn't get the chance, - I'm always cooking on the egg.