Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First attempt at baby back ribs on my new XL W/Pics & Video

2»

Comments

• bariccardi
    bariccardi Posts: 53
    Nice looking ribs, but now I'm jealous at all that real estate! I'm gonna have to show that one to the Mrs after cooking 2 racks this weekend. 

Me too! The XL is calling my name
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    I have to say I could get 6 racks on there no problem without any rigs or what not,

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    The Guru seems like a must for sure. I think I am going to go with the XL over the Large. I just would like a price break on it! Ouch!
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • michigan_jason
    I got mine for $1200 out the door with the nest, shelves, plate setter, 3 sittin chickens, a 20lb bag of BGE lump, a box of fire starters, the ash tool, and he swapped out the bottom fire grate with the cast iron one. If you negotiate, you can get a good deal and get them to throw in eggcesories.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Sgt93
    I got mine for $1200 out the door with the nest, shelves, plate setter, 3 sittin chickens, a 20lb bag of BGE lump, a box of fire starters, the ash tool, and he swapped out the bottom fire grate with the cast iron one. If you negotiate, you can get a good deal and get them to throw in eggcesories.
    WOW that is a great deal. I was told around $1500 by my local dealer. There are two other dealers within 50 miles of me so I will call them tomorrow and begin negotiating. 
  • michigan_jason
    For sure, try to buy a floor model too that typically can nock the price down.

• Sgt93
    My closest dealer doesn't have one and would have to order (they don't seem like they want to negotiate either). I may get lucky with the other dealers. I will let you know, thanks for the advice. 
  • Mattlock
    Mattlock Posts: 64
    I this a very similar smoke at my house on Memorial day, look awesome!
    Newbie Egghead - Just got a LBGE at the Georgia Eggfest! Life is Good!
  • michigan_jason
    I this a very similar smoke at my house on Memorial day, look awesome!

Thanks! Good luck on yours, im sure they will be great!

• Sgt93
    Jason, if you don't mind me asking, where are you at in MI? I'm from Grand Rapids (but haven't lived there since I was 18). Miss the scenery compared to IL (as well as many other things). 
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    It just goes to show that it is not as complicated as it seems, the GURU makes it easy to look like you are a pro!
    I've had my LBGE for 15 plus years.  I have had a GURU for three weeks and I'm making up reasons to do low and slows on brisket and pork butts.  It is a great device.
  • Sgt93
    I will probably pick up a GURU but the BGE dealer said once you get the temp where you want it, it will stay within 5 degrees on an overnight cook (on most cases).  I will try to get use to her and decide from there. 
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    The controllers are great, but you should definitely learn how to use your egg before getting one.
  • michigan_jason

Jason, if you don't mind me asking, where are you at in MI? I'm from Grand Rapids (but haven't lived there since I was 18). Miss the scenery compared to IL (as well as many other things)

I am in shelby township...48317