Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LBGE - RibRackAR - Six Racks BBs

Options
SteveWPBFL
SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
edited May 2012 in Pork
Got my LBGE last December and have recently upgraded with a new CGS Adjustable Rig Rib Rack. Today is the inaugural baby back rib run with the AR. The AR Rib Rack was designed to comfortably fit four racks of baby backs on two grates. So, natch, we're pushing it to six, from Costco. Four 'adult' racks (Nemo's rub) using yellow mustard as the binder and two 'kid' racks (just salt, pepper, brown sugar) using EVOO as the binder.

Nemo's rub is listed in related thread and has another name, it is similar to our usual household rubs. The Dizzy Pig we ordered didn't arrive in time but we have some Bone Suckin' Sauce to slather on or dip. We're using apple wood for smoke and are going to hold dome temp around 250F. I'm definitely a turbo fan but today it's going to be lower and slower.

Ribs went on at 10:00 a.m. and are coming off at 3:00 pm for the Heat- Pacer game. I'm afraid the Pacers are going to put the Heat on the ropes today. Planning to watch the game with sons and enjoy the ribs either way. Life is grand here, hope you're all enjoying as much as we are!

Here's a 'start' photo.

Comments