Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother's Day Tri-Tip

Options
WoodsDog
WoodsDog Posts: 48
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

Mother's Day was tri-tip day at our house.   Who doesn't love a good tri-tip!

Got a 2 pack from Costco.  I tried two different marinades. One marinade was a soy and worcestershire marinade, the other was a Santa Maria style (at least the web page claimed it was.)  I've never actually eaten true Santa Maria style, so I have to take their word for it.
I did a reverse sear method.  I cooked these at an indirect method.  I had platesetter in, legs up, grate on top.  I had a dome temp around 350.  This heated up the meat very quickly.  I heated the roast till internal temp of 125.   At 350 dome temp, this took about 25 minutes.

After this, I pulled them.  And they sat for about 30 minutes, while the guests arrived.  I opened up the medium egg, and it got hot.  I seared each roast about 1 minute 15 seconds on each side.   First time I've seared on my medium. I noticed that it seared very nicely, probably cause the coals are closer to the grate (compared to my large).

Comments