Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with a Rutland ??

NightwingXP
NightwingXP Posts: 448
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
So got a new dome thermo and now I can REALLY tell how messed up my cookng was. Now that I am showing accurate temps my ease of cooking has been great!! BUT........ did a pizza the other night. I have done half a dozen or so pizzas before with no prob, however had mixed results on the pizza. Now doing a pizza with a true temp reading ( did this one at about 550 ) roached my gasket. Lifted the lid to pull out the parchment paper and the gasket stuck and came up with the dome in two different places. I have a Rutland but not sure which adhesive to use to replace. From reading other posts in the past I was of the understanding that Permatex Copper was the one to use but I came across a discussion the other day that someone had troubles with it. Any advice??
Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!

Comments

• Northern1
    Northern1 Posts: 19
    So got a new dome thermo and now I can REALLY tell how messed up my cookng was. Now that I am showing accurate temps my ease of cooking has been great!! BUT........ did a pizza the other night. I have done half a dozen or so pizzas before with no prob, however had mixed results on the pizza. Now doing a pizza with a true temp reading ( did this one at about 550 ) roached my gasket. Lifted the lid to pull out the parchment paper and the gasket stuck and came up with the dome in two different places. I have a Rutland but not sure which adhesive to use to replace. From reading other posts in the past I was of the understanding that Permatex Copper was the one to use but I came across a discussion the other day that someone had troubles with it. Any advice??
  • NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    ??
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    I installed a new Rutland this past Saturday and I used the permatex.  Used it Sunday night, had the egg up to 600 and all was well.

Put it on the base only.