Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I got my Egg today

Options
Mowgli
Mowgli Posts: 34
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Today is a day that I have waited for, for ages.
I got my BGE large today, and cant wait to start using it.

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Pictures please.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Way to go. What and when is the first cook?
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    Congrats. Now begins the affair.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • Mowgli
    Mowgli Posts: 34
    Options
    Well no cooking today, It's a demo model that have been used for three days, so had to give it a good "clean" burn to get rid of all the grease.
    Now i have a clean grid and platesetter 8-)
    The gasket was already "gone", when i got it, but i got a Nomex gasket for free, and i plan to replace it tomorrow.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    They say the best 2 days in a person's life are they day they buy an egg.........and the day they buy their 2nd :)

Welcome to the club (we'll show you the secret handshake at your first Eggfest)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    They say the best 2 days in a person's life are they day they buy an egg.........and the day they buy their 2nd :) Welcome to the club (we'll show you the secret handshake at your first Eggfest)

And this from someone who owns a boat...and yes I have owned more boats than BGE's not counting the ones I was on the hook for to Uncle Sam:)

And to the OP-Welcome-lots of ggers willing to help here so when in doubt just ask the question-but remember the answer may come from several perspectives.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    And several levels of sobriety :).
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Congratulations...Welcome to our world.  You will never look back. ;)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    Good to have you - don't forget to put 5/6/2013 in your daytimer so you can celebrate its first birthday!!!  Also, be careful when you hug it goodnight - it may still be hot from your latest cook.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Good to have you - don't forget to put 5/6/2013 in your daytimer so you can celebrate its first birthday!!!  Also, be careful when you hug it goodnight - it may still be hot from your latest cook.
    Now that hug thing could be beyond the scope of...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    Hugging a recently used egg gives me a warm feeling......when it starts to burn you may want to see your doctor
    :D
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Good advice after any hugging encounter that burns......what I've heard anyway :)
  • Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    Options
    Congratulations, on your new egg. I got one today with the same bday. A mini.
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Grats!!  That is a special day.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com