Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza results with pics!

Gato
Gato Posts: 766
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well last night I made the dough for pizza using a recipe posted here by Mighty Quinn. Let the dough go overnight in the refrigerator until about 2 1/2 hours before it went on the egg this evening.
Here is a pic of the dough shaped with a bit of Italian seasoning. I used Paul Newman's Socorooni sauce, with mozzarella and pepperoni. Second pic is of the pizza ready to go on the egg. I used the platesetter legs up, cooking grid, three feet, and the bge stone. I brought the egg up to 550°. One thing I did this time was while the egg was coming up to temp I placed an oven thermometer on the stone. I could see the temp through the top hole and was surprised how long it took for the stone to heat up. When the thermometer on the stone reached 500° on went the pizza. I really think this little trick worked really well. The thermometer was not very expensive and gave me a good idea about the temp of the stone. The crust was really great. Great taste with a nice crunch. We ate all but one piece and I will knock it out for breakfast. I also think the overnight rise on the dough made a difference in the quality and made it super easy for a weekday cook. The last pic is of the bottom of the thermometer. I'm thinking the way it's made it works well on the stone.
Geaux Tigers!!!

Comments