Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Guide to Green Egg Shrimping

Options
2»

Comments

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    Greygoose -Glad you enjoyed the recipe, it's always a hit when we do it and so simple.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    wood planking works nicely with shrimp.  i've also skewered, but plank is easier prep.  marinading in coconut milk + onion/garlic/peppers works well.
    That I will have to try, probably with a bit of rum mixed in though.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Coastalcooker
    Options
    What did not work.
    I tried to recreate smoked shrimp from my wife's memories of the delicacy sold in road side stands along Alligator Alley and in the 60's. Headed, peeled and put on skewer. Low and slow for a long time, but they were either raw or mushy. The shrimp were caught Sunday and I got them on Tuesday, but they had been in a cooler with ice. Heads came off easily and this may be the problem. Boiled shrimp from the same batch and they seemed OK.
    These were medium. I have grilled 16-22's on a skewer over a hot fire with good results.
    Bob
    Cookin' on the coast
    Shellman Bluff, GA
    Medium BGE

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I did these the other night with grits. I skipped tossing them in oil this time and just sprinkled a little potlatch seasoning on them right before they went on.  They were fantastic.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
    Options

Large Gulf Shrimp.  Deveined. Seasoning of your choice. Grilled on a cedar plank at 400* on a raised grid for about three three minutes a side. Great flavor and extreamely easy.  Be sure to soak your planks.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL