Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fried Okra In Wok

bamafan62
bamafan62 Posts: 137
edited March 2012 in Sides
Got the idea to try and fry okra on my mini BGE.  Cut the okra and put corn meal.  Got the mini hot with a $mall amount of oil and fried.  The okra wa$ very, very good.  Problem wa$ I could NOT cook enough in the wok!

Phil

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Get an XL and a 20in wok like mine. I can cook tons of okra.  :D
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    With my 10" wok I now have wok envy :-t
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    A 1 inch wok would be large enough for all the okra I'd want to eat.  God made okra for one purpose and one purpose only - gumbo.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    A 1 inch wok would be large enough for all the okra I'd want to eat.  God made okra for one purpose and one purpose only - gumbo.
    VI - have to disagree with ya - okra just ruins a good gumbo...    can't even eat it in there.
    Cookin in Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    You two want to change pantys and get back to meat product. No offense to those who wear panties or those who are just werd. :bz
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Lol..... Won't hear me mentioning those slimy green things.
    Cookin in Texas