Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How big is a "boxed" small?

lwrehm
lwrehm Posts: 381
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

I just "won" and auction for a Small BGE with nest and shelves.  Do you think the "boxed" egg will fit in the trunk or backseat of a Toyota Corolla?

Even if I have to drive the pickup down to Milwaukee, $310 isn't a bad deal.

Comments

• Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    edited March 2012
    I had one I just bought that was assembled. I took it out of the nest and set it in the folded down rear seat of a chevrolet pu. I would guess it would be no prob. Worst case take the parts out of the box and wrap with blankets.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

I just "won" and auction for a Small BGE with nest and shelves.  Do you think the "boxed" egg will fit in the trunk or backseat of a Toyota Corolla?

Even if I have to drive the pickup down to Milwaukee, $310 isn't a bad deal.

Yes it will. I sell Corollas and had a small. No problem.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Ha Iwrehm, I won a small also, you can not beat the price. I purchased a large last year the same way.
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    edited March 2012
    Are these auctions? What type? I never see any smalls on eBay.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    It was a local radio thing called "Bid on Milwaukee", an Ace Hardware had a couple units for sale. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381

I was not going to bid, they had 1 large and 3 smalls.  About 45 minutes before the auction ended, there was 1 small with no bid, (minimum bit $310).  So I signed up and with about 15 minutes left I dropped a bit of 350 in, and I was the only bider with tax $329 for a small, nest, and side tables. 

The large went for about 580 with nest and side tables.

I just couldn't pass it up.  They run this auction 1 or 2 times a year and Elliot's ACE Hardware always seems to pony up a few BGE's for the masses.