Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2012 Athens Eggfest - the "mother" of all Eggfests!

Big_Al
Big_Al Posts: 3
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Greetings, all!    I wanted to personally invite you to attend the 2nd Annual Athens Eggfest on May 12th at the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center in Athens, Texas.  Our theme this year is in honor of the Mother's Day weekend. Check out the logo included here.  Crazy fun!  We may all have to get tattoos of it!!! Ha!

We have a terrific lineup of sponsors (Morrison Supply, Brookshire's Grocery, Paragon Distributing, and TFFC) and as a result, our cooks will once again receive gift cards to help them with their event food prep purchases.  Brookshire's will also be onsite to make trips to and from the store so that you never have to go without that secret ingredient!

The Mojito Master will be on hand for the "pre" and "after" parties so 2011 cooks - don't forget to bring your commemorative tumblers to keep them cool!!!

It's going to be a blast, but don't take my word for it.  Check out the 2011 VIDEO posted to our blog at www.athenseggfest.wordpress.com.  While you're there, REGISTER TO ATTEND.  The form's goofy so if it doesn't do it for you, just drop me a note to athenseggfest@gmail.com and I'll hook you up.  Just let me know who's cooking and who's coming with.

I'd particularly like everyone who normally would have attended the OKC Eggfest to know that WE WANT YOU TO COME TO ATHENS IN 2012!!!  Just because that event won't happen this year doesn't mean you have to miss out on Eggfest Fun!  Come join us!

That's all for now.  Come see us in Athens on May 12th for great family fun, fishing, and FOOD!!!!

"Big Al" Forshage

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    You came to mine last year and I came to yours. We doing that again? Got to tell you guys and girls, Athens was a ball.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Please keep posting your attendance.  I might be interested in cooking.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• 4Soggy
    4Soggy Posts: 18
    Hi, Mickey!  Unfortunately Darlene and I won't be able to be in Salado this year.  Her mother was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer and is having surgery on the 16th. We'll be in Houston supporting her and helping to care for her dad.

I hate it because the Salado Eggfest was AWESOME!!  Judging from your attendance listing, it appears you're hitting another home run this year!  Congrats and good luck with the event.  Hope to see you in Athens!
  • Mickey

Tell Darlene we are so sorry about her Mother. I will not be able to make yours as we are the lead sponser for the Killeen Rodeo (one of only two PRC rodeos taken away from Dodge, and were the first)  and are having a big event at the store that day. I still can't get over how well your event was pulled off last year. I will be in your cheer line my friend.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Sounds like you both need to come to the Plano Outlaw Fest . November 3 .
  • Mickey
    edited March 2012

Steve nobody likes Plano.

Ok before the guns come out. I LOVE PLANO, just kidding with my close friend Steve. I think I can discride the two like this: Plano is like your Grandmother (the Grandmother that you wanted to go to her house/not the other one) giving you  a hug and Athans is like DisneyWorld. Two very different events but excel at what they do. You do not want to miss them for the difference in them. I had to miss Plano for the first time this past November because of work and will have to miss Athans this year (was there last year) because of work, I got to get this work thing under control.....

• 4Soggy
    4Soggy Posts: 18
    Mickey - LOVE the analogy!  Very clever.  The Outlaw Fest sounds like it would be a blast to go to!  Thanks for suggesting it Steve.

• hornhonk

Grandmother? Are you serious? We have a pre-party in a private club with drinks, pool tables and darts. We have a fest with full kitchen availability, clean bathrooms and a full bar. We have an after party at the Homewood Suites with a pool and hot tub, ANOTHER bar set up and a big flat screen tv showing the college games. Grandmother? I think not!

• hornhonk
    BTW, Athens was GREAT this year! Thanks, Big Al. We'll be back. Mickey, you did a bang-up job in Salado, too! I'll be coming back.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited September 2012
    nm
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited September 2012
    nm
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx