Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Time with Ribs

Pants
Pants Posts: 7
edited March 2012 in Pork
Second time on the BGE, first time with ribs.  I've never been more than a steak and burgers on a gas grill kind of guy, so this is exciting for me.  I went with some pork loin back ribs with JB's Fat Sweet Rub.  It's a terrible day for grilling, about 50 degrees and raining, but it's March in Kansas City, so I could definitely have had worse.

I used alder chips because why not? I had intended to cook them indirect with the place-setter legs up, a drip pan of water, and a V-rack.  However, when it came time to throw it on the heat I found neither my drip pan nor V-rack would fit on my medium MGE.  I just crammed the drip pan in there and threw the ribs right on the grill.  For no reason other than I think I may have seen in it a video I threw a garlic clove in there too.

Almost an hour into it and the temp is holding at 250 degrees.  I intend to wrap them in some foil and a little apple juice after about 3 hours.  Let them go for another 30 minutes.  Then sauce the hell out of them with JB's Fat Sticky Sauce for another 20 or so. 

Wish me luck.

Comments