Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig or Woo3?

Options
pwoods
pwoods Posts: 1
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

I'm skipping the platesetter and going for one of these, but I can't decide which.  Anyone have experience with either of these?  Thanks for any feedback.

Adjustable Rig: http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/shop/shop/product/rig-customer-combo-rig-with-crossbars-spider-13-stone-13-pan-oval-grid/

Woo3:  http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/shop/shop/product/woo3-woo3-extender-oval-ceramic-stone/

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Your best bet is to call Tom at Ceramic and talk to him. Tell him how you cook and he will give you good advice.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    My choice was the adjustable rig. I believe mine is one of the original hand made and hand delivered rigs made by TJV aka Sandbagger. I just liked the flexibility of the adjustable and it has been indispensable for cooking on my egg. I agree with Mickey, just tell Tom how you cook and he can give you the pluses and minuses of each.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    When I started asking myself the same question I decided on the adjustable rig.  I have two large eggs and each has it AR which rarely gets removed.  I find it useful in just about any type cook.  Good luck with your decision and Tom will steer you in the right direction.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Options
    I was trying to decide between these two set ups as well, so I called Tom for some advise. I'll tell you I was more confused after speaking with him than I was before, lol. The problem is, that they do a lot of the same things, and accomplish many of the same goals.

Having said all that, I went with the Customer Combo adjustable rig. I also got the slide guide pack with the extra grid and extender. This set me back a nice little chunk of $, but It offered me the most flexibility with the variety of cooks I do.

I think the biggest advantage with the AR over the Woo setup is the "Adjustable" aspect. This set up also allows me to swap grids in the middle of a cook since food closer to the top of the dome will cook faster/higher temps.  
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    Options
    I did what jerk chicken did.  I have the weber cast iron insert for their gourmet grill system, which sits perfectly on top of the spider.  The adjustability that the rig offers can't be beat. Just waiting for tom to get in the oval grids again and I'm getting the extender, slide guide, and another oval.  6 racks of ribs laying flat just looks wayyy too pretty! Plus the extender will get the pizzas up into the dome and further away from the direct heat.