Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My new table

Options
Reno
Reno Posts: 12
edited February 2012 in EGG Table Forum

Hey everyone,

I posted this a while back. Since then I've had other members inbox me on the dimensions. I saw a design similar to this on the forum and had a local cabinet guy make this for me. A dream of mine is to be able to work with wood like this but I guess I'll have to wait till I retire and need something to do.

36' tall

70' long

36' wide

The hole for the egg is 26 1/4'. The distance from the bottom shelf to the opening for the egg is 13 1/2'. At first we tried to just put one paving stone under the egg but this didn't work. The new XL BGE has a new spring system and I had to put another stone under egg. Which I didn't mind a little extra protection for the table. It's made of oak since the XL weighs 203 lbs. I put 2 coats of poly on there with formica on 36' for work space. I love the storage this table has and I can put all my stuff inside and it's hidden.

Just a side note, I live in Mississippi and Saturday I cooked 40lbs of crawfish. We ate probably 35lbs and used the extra 5lbs to make a crawfish pizza. I made the dough and chopped up bell peppers and onions, then i grilled them in a grill basket. I made a creole sauce for the pizza (heavy cream, 2 parts Worsh, 2 parts hot sauce, and some home made creole seasoning.) I put that in a double boiler and reduced it down. I used that for my pizza sauce piled on crawfish tails with my peppers and onion. I cooked at 600 degrees for 9 minutes. Best pizza i've ever had. I new to the BGE and the forum and I must say I don't know how I've lived with out it.  

Comments