Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg - couple of questions

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just had my new egg and table with wheels delivered. A couple of questions: [p]1. The table is made of cypress. Do I/should I have to stain the table?[p]2. What is good to block the wheels so it doesn't roll off my deck? [p]3. Any suggestions for a first fairly quick meal to break it in? I am an expereinced smoker but am now going to the bigtime after seeing my boss' big green egg. [p]Regards from rainy Rockport, Massachusetts

Comments

• haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Options
    Rockporter,
    1. Not sure
    2. If its a large Egg I dont picture it rolling by its self.
    3. DO a spatchcosked chicken. One of the easiest out there.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    2005103130.jpg
    <p />Rockporter,
    i would let it weather grey. if theres only 2 wheels i wouldnt block it. quick seared tuna steaks would make a nice first cook. looks like sun and mid 70's tomorrow, we need some sun in mass.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Rockporter,[p]1. I would give it a coat of some kind of sealer myself.[p]2. Airplane wheel chocks will work well. (just kidding)[p]3. Hickory smoked Johnsonville Brats on a raised grid.[p]Cheers from Sunny Hot Austin, Texas

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Tired Jim
    Tired Jim Posts: 39
    Options
    Rockporter,
    I also got the "cypress table" about 10 months or so ago. Maybe yours is different but mine sure looks like pine. I didn't do anything to it until yesterday when I stained it and today sealed it. It looked to me that it was drying out and it's much easier to wipe off applying a sealer.

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Me thinks you just like to rub it in - that you're in Sunny Hot Austin, Texas LOL[p]Hey, I'm in Sunny Hotlanta gettin ready fro a weekend of fun filled egg cookin', eatin', drinkin'& playin some tennis. Are you at the lake yet (or is it still)? Joe

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Smokin Joe,[p]Sunny & Warm Austin, would be better, but I'll take it Hot too. We're not at the lake yet, but tomorrow after my son's swim meet we will be.[p]Have a good weekend![p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas