Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can you cook 2 pizzas at one time?

joe317
joe317 Posts: 28
edited October 2011 in Using the Egg
Is it possible to cook 2 pizzas at the same time on a large egg using a grill extender? The pizza stone for the large egg is only 14" diameter. With three teenagers, that's a little small. It would be nice to cook two 14" pizzas at the same time. I know this doesn't really work in a conventional oven, but I'm thinking I may be able to get away with it in an egg since it's more like a convection oven. Has anyone done this before?

Also, does anyone know the difference between the pizza stone from BGE and a Pampered Chef pizza stone? They look similar. Will my Pampered Chef stone work on an egg?

Thanks.

Comments

• XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    As long as you can get two stones in the egg you should be ok with them stacked. When I first started using stones, I grabbed a P.C. square stone out of the cabinet and went to town. When it was heating up, all of the stuff that it had absorbed from my wife baking cookies on it for years,started to bubble out of it. Held up fine after that. Now I have the XL stone with 24" of prime real estate. Two 10 or 12 incher at a time, side by side!!
    More meat please !! :-)