Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weather or Not to Cook? First BGE Try.

Options
bboulier
bboulier Posts: 558
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have been hanging out for a while on this forum and finally purchased a medium egg.  It goes along with a Weber kettle, Weber gas grill, and a Weber bullet.  I do like BBQ.  Following the advice of many in this forum, I started with spatchcock chicken (direct with raised grill).  In the normal course of matters, I would not have cooked outside yesterday, not because of the temperature (20 degrees F) but because of the wind (gusts of 40 to 50 mph).  I was amazed how well the egg maintained temperature in such awful conditions.  All turned out well, except that the chicken was a little smokey.  I suspect I did not wait quite long enough before putting the chicken on the grill.  The egg came to temp pretty quickly, and it is hard to judge the quality of the smoke output in a 40 mile an hour wind.  Here's the marinade I used for the chicken:  juice of 1 lemon, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tbsp. dried oregano, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, and 2 tbsp. olive oil.  Also baked two cored Fuji apples filled with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  Very tasty. 

I have appreciated all the information you have been posting in the forum.  It's especially helpful for a beginner.
Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)

Comments