Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New EggHead First Cooks

Options
smoke_monster
smoke_monster Posts: 42
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,

New EggHead here - I bought a large last week and did my first cooks over the weekend - Spatchcock Chicken and a 9# butt - both firsts for me.  They turned out fantastic!  I'm going to do a brisket and burnt ends this weekend - also firsts.  I've been smoking ribs and salmon for years but never did a long cook.  All I can say is watching the Maverick / temperature rising is like crack - I can't stop myself from watching it all the time. 

I don't know if its possible to do too much research but I've been obsessing about the egg for a couple of months and have probably done 100 hours of research on it, cooking with it, and accessories.  I couldn't make my mind up on the best indirect setup although I think I will eventually go with an adjustable rig.  I'm using a quick and dirty setup right now so I can start cooking (Bricks, 14" Terra Cotta Flower Pot Tray, and a 17" Weber grid) - about 25 bucks at HD.  While messing around with my first cook, spatchcock chicken, I got the temps a little high and the top gasket fell off.  I picked up some spray adhesive and put it back on for the butt.

Comments