Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My wife is going to have me committed!!!!

BOWHUNR
BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just went to my dealer and picked up a mini to go with my small and two larges.  My wife already thinks I'm nuts, but I'm sure this will remove any doubts she has!!  :D

Mike
Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited February 2012
    Bowhunr my first egg was a Small. Then the Large and Mini. We cook (just two of us) 80% on the Mini so I sold the Small and ordered another Large? Yep, comment us  all...... What size is your grill on the Mini. If it came with 10" call Tom and order the Woo and send a note to Amazon for the pizza stones. Hell, it's only money (yours)..... Please take a tape to it. Have 4 Mini's on ordre for the Salado Fest and LawnRanger has 3 on order for his deal. We have no idea what size grill we will get.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    I have a large, a medium and a mini - trying to get the wife to ok, a purchase of a small.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• I have an XL, Medium, Small and mini and four larges. I hope they let me out of the asylum soon

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• You need to go buy an XL for father's day and a medium for your birthday then.
    Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)
  • BOWHUNR
    This one has a 10" grill on it.  The dealer had just received it a couple weeks ago.  The nest is not the one they picture on the BGE website though.  They must be shipping the old style until the stock runs out.

Mike
    Omaha, NE

Omaha, NE
  • Mickey
    That is so good that they are shipping 10",  It is SS correct?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BOWHUNR
    Nope, it is 10" but not stainless.

Mike
    Omaha, NE

Omaha, NE
  • Mickey
    edited February 2012
    Bowhurn with the old style holder I would be glad to send you some hightemp tape to make a little breathing room between the Mini and the steel holder. Have a bunch left. Also in the pic is the Woo with one of the pizza stones in as an indirect cook method. (click pic to make larger) Shoot me an email mickeyrawls at vvm dot com

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I bought my first, a Large, beginning of last summer based on the fact that it could do two beef briskets at once, which was what my old water smoker could do and was the max quantity I ever had to cook for a party, dinner, etc.  Plus I definitely wanted to be able to do a standard-sized pizza.  
    Because I live alone, and rarely entertain, I soon saw the foolishness of lighting that much lump just to cook a chicken breast, or a couple sausages; plus, all you asylum guys :D on this forum convinced me it was okay to own more than one.  I debated quite a bit over a Small vs a Mini, and finally got the Small, because you couldn't do two steaks on the Mini.
    Knowing how many dates I've had since then, the Mini would've been a much better deal, I could go ahead and fire up the Large for two steaks when/if I ever do that again... :|

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• I got some nice lump dividers I use in the XL and they are great.  Two steaks or chops or chicken boobs, I cook them all with the dividers with no problem.  For me, I would never be able to get away without the XL.  Saying that, the dividers definitely make it better for cooking when its just me and the wifey

Paul R
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • Put up some pics,Where did you get them?
    LET'S EAT
  • have a medium, oredered a mini...
  • @flame I got them from Lowes, they are for the weber.  pics tomorrow, depends on if I live through my dogs poots tonight

Paul R
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • BOWHUNR
    That's very nice of you Mickey, I will shoot you one tomorrow.  Just curious, how does the high temp tape benefit the old style nest?  Heat Transfer?  I wouldn't have bought it if it had the 9" grill as I wanted a woo which I have ordered already along with a High-Que grate.  I have to get the pizza stones as well along with the custom handle to match my other three.  These friggen things are the gift that keep taking.........from my walet!!!   I love every minute of it!!
    :D

Mike
    Omaha, NE

Omaha, NE
  • OK, ok, I gotta call you guys on this!  Little Steven - why do you have eight eggs?  They must be used commercially, right?  Hic & Mickey, four?

I'm considering buying a small or mini to add to my large so I can travel with it....but why have three..or four...or eight??!!

PS - I'm very easily swayed so I'm really hoping for some weak arguments.
    I love my egg.
  • Am I in the minority with only two large BGEs? You guys keep posting, I probably need more.
    Great post!
  • I have a large and a medium  ..... hoping to win a mini in Salado.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Bakeman
    Bakeman Posts: 113
    One large here, working on a small.
  • Mickey
    OK, ok, I gotta call you guys on this!  Little Steven - why do you have eight eggs?  They must be used commercially, right?  Hic & Mickey, four?

I'm considering buying a small or mini to add to my large so I can travel with it....but why have three..or four...or eight??!!

PS - I'm very easily swayed so I'm really hoping for some weak arguments.

You just have to work it right. After 44 years of marriage
    you lay a Harley brochure down and after your wife comes off the ceiling you go
    get the new Egg and all is happy. Everyone won…..Hell Little Steven is still way money ahead of buying a Harley and the rest of us (no way I would get on a Harley, just not going to tell her that) are WAY ahead.... All that and we don't wise up enough on the Mini till most of us already have a few Eggs. The Mini should be your second Egg to buy.

• Mickey
    edited February 2012
    That's very nice of you Mickey, I will shoot you one tomorrow.  Just curious, how does the high temp tape benefit the old style nest?  Heat Transfer?  I wouldn't have bought it if it had the 9" grill as I wanted a woo which I have ordered already along with a High-Que grate.  I have to get the pizza stones as well along with the custom handle to match my other three.  These friggen things are the gift that keep taking.........from my walet!!!   I love every minute of it!!
    :D

Mike
    Omaha, NE
    For the last two years they have shipped all with 9.5 grills. Still will not fit the Woo. Must be 10". Send me your emal.

• Millsy
    Millsy Posts: 113
    What is she going to think when you bring home the XL?
  • BOWHUNR
    edited February 2012
    Well, I'm not sure that will happen Millsy.  I only have so much space and I think I have just maxed it out!  The only way I could handle an XL at this point would be to sell one of my larges.

@ talltrevor

I can't tell you how many times I have used multiple cookers to do a meal.  For an example the weekend before Christmas we had four guests for dinner.  I did bacon wrapped filets on the small, potato cassarole in-direct on one of the larges and a stir fried veggie dish on the other large.  I don't think the mini will fit in with the big cooks, but ya never know......I could sear the steaks on it!! :D

Mike
    Omaha, NE

Omaha, NE
  • We were watching million dollar kitchens last night and Lloyd commented that none had eggs built in, therefore, none were worth the price paid. Then he caught me off guard and wondered if it was about time to add another egg to the family.
    Yep, we both have been bitten. :)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • My wife has gave up. She just like the stuff I cook. I have a propane smoker, offset smoker, weber bullit, weber 22.5 one touch gold. But all of these pale in comparison to the BGE. I am new to the Egg but I have been impressed out of this world.
    Located in Western North Carolina
  • Oh I fogot the Sterling Forge gas grill
    Located in Western North Carolina