Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Sorta" Spatchcocked Chicken

Hillbilly-Hightech
Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
edited February 2012 in Poultry
So the local grocery didn't have any whole chickens when I was there the other day, but they did have packages of what they called "Best Parts" - and they had a "Buy 1 get 1 free" sale, so I couldn't resist. 

Twas an easy-peasy cook - rubbed 3 of them w/ Dizzy Pig Ragin River, and 2 of them w/ Rub w/ Love, African Peri Peri.  Did them direct, raised grid, dome temp ~350, cooked till ~170.   

They came out INCREDIBLY moist, and the consensus was that the Peri Peri rub was favored, as it had more of a "kick" and had a better & more robust overall flavor.  I think my GF got it either at Trader Joes, or Whole Foods (can't remember where, exactly).  At any rate - GOOD STUFF!!

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

Comments

• hmmmm, I attached pics, but I can't see them - can anyone see my pics???
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    edited February 2012
  • Nothin
    hmmm, well it's weird - I originally tried the "Attach a file" link @ the bottom, but that didn't work.  So this time I clicked the "insert image" icon on the upper right side. 

weird stuff!!
  • I see the pictures and they look great !

Trader Joe's is coming to Houston this year and I can't wait.  We always make a beeline for it whenever we go to Albuquerque and Santa Fe.  I understand that Two Buck Chuck is now $3.00 .... still a good price.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Good looking chicken man.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.